Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Part II

Ok, I'm trying this with html codes. The pics are a little big, but it works!

HPIM8030

This is some Sanguine Gryphon sock yarn. I'm not sure exactly what, but I know it's the Nile Delta colorway. It was in the sale basket and is a total of 400 yards.

HPIM8029

Red Heart Eco-Ways. It was only 3.00 per 186 yard skein! I got 7 to make a pullover or cardi with (Amused, perhaps?).

HPIM8028

This is Newton Country Yarns Softball Handprint in a very patriotic red/white/blue. It's sport weight and I have 1065 yards here (there is an additional 333 yards that I'm sending in a swap).

HPIM8027

Ellen Half Pints Farm 100% merino superwash sock yarn for a swap partner. I'm so tempted to keep it for myself!

HPIM8026

This is gorgeous, isn't it? It's 8 ounces of Creatively Dyed 70% wool, 30% sea silk. I can't wait to start spinning this, but am saving it for when I don't already have 2 other spinning projects going on.

HPIM8023

2 skeins of Brooks Farms Mas-Acero. I've heard such good things about this yarn and Brooks Farms in general I had to get some while at Stitches. I'm thinking of making Rusted Root with this.

HPIM8022

This is Miss Babs Yowza! Whatta Skein in the Ironweed colorway. I love this color! I think I'm going to use it to make the Favorite Cardi from the Custom Knits book.

HPIM8021

I'm in love with this yarn. It's Buffalo Gold Lux (a laceweight blend of American Bison down, cashmere, silk, and tencel) in the natural color. Ok, so this was a major splurge... the guy at the booth definitely sold this to me. I was planning on just looking, feeling, and oohing and aahing over it. Talked to the guy for about 5 minutes and left with this skein of high-dollar yarn (let's just say that it's the most expensive yarn I've bought and I'm embarrassed to admit the price!). I have found the perfect lacy scarf pattern and this will be much cherished!

4 comments:

lizzzknits said...

Lovely stash you collected! That is certainly enough to keep you busy for a while. Can't wait to see the lacy scarf from your premium yarn.

Megan said...

Thanks for all the yummy yarn pictures- they really hit the spot!

The Sanguine Gryphon is by far my favorite- and you found it in the sale bin? Awesome.

lunaticraft said...

Oh man, that is an amazing amazing haul. I love the blue sock yarn, and that roving looks so squishy and soft (not to mention, great colors!).

Anita O said...

I love all the different colors you choose. I like to drool over yarn and roving, and yours is definitely drool worthy.
bison, heh? You probably made his day, LOL. Looks interesting. I wish I could reach through my monitor and squish it a little. Can't wait to see what you make with it!