Sunday, April 19, 2009

So, I went a little crazy

I went back to Bear on the Square this morning to take a look around. This is what I came back with:

Some of the students here at NGCSU had a booth selling their pottery. For 1/2 off. I snatched up these babies for a total of 14.00. Can you believe it? The bottom pic is for the glaze detail.


I only brought 15.00 with me when I went, so I dropped these off at my room and grabbed more cash and got this for 35.00 (only the 2 blue bowls were from the half off table, the rest were full price at 5.00 each):


Close-ups of the detail:

The acorn dish is going to my mom for Mother's Day. She loves acorns (so do I and I am so tempted to keep it for myself, but I won't). The green mug is for my dad's birthday (May 14).

This is what else my mom is getting for Mother's Day:

I've only told her about the leaf and not the acorn dish or the other leaf rest. I think she'll like it.

I did steal from my Stitches stash money to get this stuff. BUT, I did hope to buy pottery at Stitches (if they have it like they did at SAFF) so it's all good. I'm loving it all so much; Shawn and I want to have as much handmade/antique/flea market treasures as possible in our home once we're married. I just love handthrown pottery for its uniqueness and imperfections and the colors and shapes that don't quite match.

2 comments:

Anita O said...

Wow, how awesome. I like it!

lunaticraft said...

I'm a sucker for handthrown pottery too. Those brown and blue mugs are killer. I'm sure your parents will love their gifts!