Thursday, April 16, 2009

Still Trucking

Ah... writing research papers. I can't do it well in advance of the due date... I'm a work-better-under-pressure kind of girl. It's all done the day/night/right before it's due. That said, it's still a process for me. I write a bit, then knit a bit, then write some more, then do some Sudoku, then back to writing, etc. until it's all finished. So, here are some pictures resulting from my in between moments:


Topaz is halfway finished! It's really a quick and easy knit when I get a chance to work on it. I'll cast on for the front tonight.

The sock almost has a complete heel! I'm working on the gusset decreases now. It's the perfect project for mindless knitting while not being too boring. I can't believe how fast it's going.


A new WIP. This is the beginning of the Felted Crochet Booga Bag (Ravelry link) in Cascade 220. Doesn't look like much right now. It's basically a big granny square that is built upon to become a square-shaped bag. I'm the first one on Ravelry to work on this pattern, so I only have the designer's pic to see how it looks. I think it'll be Ok. Simple and quick, that's for sure (which is what I need if I'm going to finish it by the 1st!). I did make it larger, though. The pattern as written makes it seem a little too small. The pattern does seem to have some number problems, but it's easy enough to make without them. I'll have to contact the designer about it.



2 comments:

lunaticraft said...

I am consistantly amazed at the sheer amount of work you get done! I wish I could be that fast on projects. Great stuff. That little dress is adorable to the max. Good luck on all your papers!

Anita O said...

Yep, still trucking along. the socks are great. I couldn't figure out what I was looking at, LOL. but now it all makes sense.
I'm going to take a look at the bag pattern. Looks interesting.
And Topaz is coming along. I love the colorway!