Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stitches, quick post

We had a good time at Stitches South. It wasn't as good as SAFF, we think, but definitely fun and interesting. Moma and I just prefer the independents, wheels, animals, and such that SAFF has to offer and are less interested in yarn stores we could go to any time and the yarn companies that didn't even have anything for sale (just information).

I forgot my camera, of course, and haven't been home to take pics of my loot. I'll be home again tomorrow and will show it all off (and a new pet Moma got for me today...).

What I got:

-4 ounces of Corriedale roving in a very pretty reddish blend from Carolina Handspun
-4 ounces of Corriedale roving in a very pretty yellow blend from Carolina Handspun
-1 skein of Buffalo Gold Lux (45% American bison down, 20% cashmere, 20% silk, 15% tencel) laceweight in a natural color
-0.84 lb skein of sport-ish weight cotton in red/white/blue (some for me, some for a swap)
-8 ounces of Creatively Dyed Seawool fiber in a gorgeous colorway: natural greens/browns with gold and orangey colors
-2 skeins of Miss Babs Yowza - Whatta Skein (100% superwash merino) in the Ironweed colorway (a dark purple), 560 yards/skein
-7 skeins of Red Heart Eco-Ways in a gray color
-2 skeins of Brooks Farm Mas Acero (60% superwash wool, 24% silk, 16% viscose) in a very pretty red color, 400 yards/skein
-2 skeins (enough for 1 pair of socks) of sock yarn from the Sanguine Gryphon in a gorgeous green colorway
-1 skein of Ellen's Halfpint Farm 100% merino wool fingering weight sock yarn in a gorgeous coloway wiht turquoise, purple, and navy blue (for a swap)
-a handmade sock keeper thing (to hold a sock in progress)... too bad my dpns are too long for it! I didn't check before buying it)

I bought for Moma:

-a pattern for a cardi she wanted
-6 skeins of Red Heart Eco-Ways (for the cardi)
-a set of US 2 dpns (to replace the pair that got chewed by Gabby, the teething Yorkie)

Pics to come tomorrow! I also finished the first sock (with the STR in the scaley pattern) and am nearly finished with the crocheted felted Booga Bag (just need to do the flap and strap and felt it).

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! Sounds like you made out!

Can't wait to see pictures.

lunaticraft said...

WOW. That's quite a haul. Can't wait to see it all! =D