Saturday, May 9, 2009

Favorite Things


I love this new bag! It's Amanda's Squatty Sidekick, only not so squatty. The yarn is Patons Classic Merino (Natural Mix colorway) and the button is handmade lampwork glass made by someone in my spinning guild. I started it Wednesday for my trip to NJ with Shawn and had it finished and dried just in time yesterday (we left at 10pm yesterday night and are now in Pennsylvania). I plan on lining it eventually.

This is my swap package from the Favorite Things Swap. My pal is from Canada and sent some yummy Canadian maple goodies... the butter and syrup look delicious and the maple/chives dip mix got used at my birthday party yesterday. The yarn is one I haven't tried yet and can you believe that handknit blanket?!? This was a very nice birthday surprise!

Tonight we are staying with Shawn's aunt in Pa and tomorrow Shawn and I are going to Philadelphia! Yay! I've always wanted to go (the history!). Tomorrow night we'll be going to New Jersey to visit his grandfather. Plan is to stay there until Wednesday... we'll be heading back to Pa (to Lancaster) Wednesday to go to a market, Thursday will be either Gettysburg or more Philly or maybe Hershey, and Friday will be Washington, D.C. and the drive back to Georgia. Full week, but will be fun.

I managed to get another RAK cloth made today (will try to get the last 2 finished this week and have them sent off to Portugal when I get back home). I bought the Alan Dart pattern book thing today and can't wait to get started on some of the cute patterns... Noah's Ark, Nativity Scene, the Beach Bunnies...

No comments: