Saturday, May 23, 2009

Will the rain ever stop?

It has been the rainiest spring! I keep wanting to go outside and get stuff done, but it rains all morning, leaving a little bit of "dry" (but muggy) afternoon, the starts back up with the rain in the evening. Today was no different and a storm's just come in.

Today started off a little eventful. I was woke up by the door bell at 0800... the neighbor girl came by to tell me Yankee was in their front yard. Up I was and, fortunately, he ran right too me when I went out there. I put him up and investigated; he had jumped the fence. He kept acting like he wanted to jump it again, so I moved him to the larger pasture (with a taller fence) to be with Acorn and moved Rowdy to where Yankee was. Acorn and Yankee still have some getting used to each other to do, but it's all good now.

I was able to add more holes to Yankee's new bridle with my soldering iron and I actually rode him around the yard some. He saddled beautifully and was no problem when I mounted (I did have my mom hold the rope loosely just in case). We went around the yard no problem for a minute or so before I decided to call it a day (always end on a good note!). I think he'll break very easily; he just doesn't know a whole lot right now, like leg, verbal, or even rein cues. But he's willing and uses his brain, which is good.

I also managed to get some spinning done today. I finished up the 4 ounces of Corriedale I got from Carolina Handspun. It's a heavy fingering/light DK weight 2-ply, about 280 yards. Very pretty.

1 comment:

Anita O said...

Yankee sounds like one of my kids, LOL. I'm glad you got it all worked out.

The yarn is gorgeous! You make me want to break my spindle out and get started on it. Nice.