Friday, June 26, 2009

Deaths & Other Random Chatter

So, Farrah and Michael are dead. I have no feelings either way toward the former, but I have to say that I was actually pleased to hear about MJ. Call me cruel, but the man wasn't a good person and one less child molester in the world makes the world a better place. Any parent who would allow their children to spend the night at Michael Jackson's home should have their heads checked and their children taken away. Jackson was a talented and cute little boy and went very wrong somewhere along the way. I don't want to hear the hate mail/comments for this, just my opinion.

I'm still working on my dad's bag. Bad, I know. Just endless stockinette and it's kind of boring. I've also been working on and off on the baby jacket. Can't wait to finish these two things so I can get another pair of socks on the needles and really start focusing on my wedding wrap as well.

I've lost 11 pounds so far! Yay! I did have a few setback days when I ate a little more than I probably should have, but I got back on track the next day and am so pleased with my progress. I need to lose another 20 pounds, I think. We'll see how it goes. I can see a little difference in my face, stomach, and shoulders. My clothes seem to fit a little better as well. It's very exciting!

2 comments:

Anita O said...

Way to go on the lost pounds. Yay!!!

I have no thoughts on either deaths. Any death is sad since it's the end of a life (no matter how horrible!) and somebody somewhere loved them. I just wonder how long it's going to be "news" and everyone gets sick and tired of hearing about it?

I can't seem to stay motivated on my socks. they are pretty quick and fairly easy, but blech. I totally understand about the boring stockinette stitch. One day, it will be done!

Megan said...

I actually feel mostly the same way. I wouldn't go so far as to say I was pleased that someone is dead but I wouldn't say I was upset at all. I was too young when he was super popular and Thriller was out and all that so I don't really have an attachment. My whole adult life he's always been seen in a negative light- child molestation accusations, and doing weird things with his own kids and to his face/body. So this obsession with him since he died is a little weird to me.