Monday, July 20, 2009

Bunnies

Remember my fluffy bunny, Gypsy? Well, she got a hair cut...

Not so fluffy anymore! Her left ear has flopped, which is common in somewhat long-eared rabbits born/young in hot summer months. They lose most of their body heat through their ears and the body adapts these summer babies by making their ears grow longer. The base can't support the weight of the ear, so it flops.

I didn't do the best job at cutting toward the end (I had to get ready for work), but I did well enough to get this:
It's only about 16.5 yards of a light worsted yarn, but I love it! My own bunnies. I should have left the wool alone until I had enough for a real project, but was too anxious to spin it.

Here's a pic of Jacob, the newest rabbit. Someone that came into the store asked if I wanted him, so I took him. He's very friendly and healthy. He's Moma's new rabbit. Spooky will be his girlfriend sometime in the next few months...

2 comments:

Flores Hayes said...

a great find for panda fanatic!
my roommate and i LOVE this bag
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Turtle said...

so cute! daughter and i are thinking of getting a bunny. I have not been around one much since i was little. Any recommendations for a breed? Or words of advice? (of course if i could spin a lil from it that would be great! lol)