Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Contest!

Ok, 3 days later I've decided on a barn name for my new boy. I went back and forth so much, but the perfect name came to me and we all love it. I think it's time for a horsey name contest! Oh, and his pictures are in the next post down. Trust me, though... he's SO much more beautiful in person.

He's a 2 yo registered Paint stud. His color is Brown Tobiano. He's tall at about 14.2 hh (58 inches) at the withers (shoulder) and will probably mature to about 15.2 (62 inches). He's SUCH a show-off... a real flirt. He loves to play, prance around, just show off in general. All studs are kind of full of themselves, but this boy is really something else.

I am going to list the top 10 name possibilities for my boy. You will select the name you think I picked and leave it in the comments. Please leave a way for me to contact you if you're not on blogger... Ravelry name, email, etc. I will put all the people who chose the correct name in a hat and pick the winner that way.

Ok, so it's kind of a tough contest. How are you supposed to guess? Some hints...

The name has something to do with a physical characteristic or a personality trait of his.
It comes from a famous person, movie, show, place, or some other famous thing.
Another pet we have shares a part of or is somehow connected with this name.

Maybe these hints will help some. Here are the name options:

-Ice Man
-Hollywood
-Slick
-Little Joe
-Aspen
-Ash
-Rio
-Hawkeye
-Jock
-Khan

I'll pick the winner Friday, July 31. Just some time that day and you have until I post the winner to enter. Only one name pick per person.

The prize will be a 15.00 gift card to my favorite online yarn-buying place, Knit Picks. Second place will get some yarn from my stash... what, I'm not yet sure of, but it will be something nice, I promise!

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's very cute! I'm going to go with Slick. I'm verybusymonkey on Ravelry.

Madison H. said...

aww he is adorable i am also going to go with Slick i am madiandcharley on ravelry

Elaine said...

Wow - he looks great!

I'll try Little Joe.

purple-power said...

How about Hawkeye. No one has picked that yet.

I'm purple on Rav

Carla said...

I'll try Little Joe. He's anything but little, of course, so maybe it's ironic.

hotmail - popofra

dealonnia said...

He's beautiful! I like Hollywood

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Forgot to put contact....Ravelry is Dealonnia

RoamingKnitter said...

Hawkeye. That just seems the right name to me.

Rachel O said...

What a great-looking horse!

I'll try Hawkeye

my hotmail is dadofra

Sylvia said...

Beautiful. I pick Little Joe.

gmail = weyuker

Jellysjar said...

HANDSOME!
Aspen - color, famous location and deals with Acorn. :) *crosses Fingers*

Jellysjar - Ravelry.

cksknitter said...

My guess is Hawkeye!
Chrissy at knittoday(at)hotmail(dot)com

DebsCrafts said...

I like Hawkeye!

EJ said...

I'll go with Hawkeye too. I promise that's what I had decided on before reading other guesses. I'm not copying - really :-)

I'm bloglessinNJ on gmail

knitting fool said...

I used to love watching Mash so I'll go with Hawkeye.

foolforknit AT gmail dot com

superwoman_4002 said...

Im gonna go with Ash... just to be different ;)

tom said...

I'll jump on the bandwagon and guess Hawkeye. It was a toss-up between a couple, but Hawkeye seems right now.

tomknit At gmail

Jersey said...

Looks like I'm getting in just under the wire. I'll pick Hawkeye - I hope you did too! He sure is a beauty!

gmail - jerseyjessie

Turtle said...

aspen keeps calling to me but he just strikes me as a Hawkeye! But I am going to say Ash as it seems short for cashmere! Beautiful!

|chee-uh| said...

Hmm...I have to go with consensus then. Hawkeye. Although I do like Little Joe.

Anonymous said...

I think Hawkeye. Although like some other people I also think Little Joe. Mostly because he is a paint, and I used to watch a lot of Bonanza. But I think I will stick with Hawkeye.

i am horsefreak on Ravelry.

Sarah said...

I'm going to guess Little Joe. It seems to best fit all of the criteria!

Egater said...

My favorite name is Khan,but if he would be Estonian boy, Iwould name him Kutt :)

Kristen said...

I'll guess Ash. He's a beautiful horse!

dizzylettuce said...

I guess Ash! Beautiful boy!
my ravelry name is dizzylettuce.

Anonymous said...

My guess is Hawkeye because of the one-eyed animal you have.

Knittingdancer on Ravelry

Howdy said...

A horse that shows off and likes to play? Full of himself? Sounds like a Hollywood guy to me... on Ravelry, I am Howdy

brownbear said...

My guess is Hawkeye. You said he's a flirt and I'm guessing you picked the name from M*A*S*H?
I'm brownbear on ravelry.

danielle said...

Gosh he is beautiful! I am guessing Slick

TripletMom said...

What a beautiful boy!!! I'll go with Hawkeye :)

I'm TripletMom on Ravelry

Thistle Creek Photography said...

wow, what a tough choice...

I'm going with Little Joe, I don't know why exactly....

Debbie said...

I'm going to be different and go with Ash. thanks for the contest. Debbie
my ravelry ID is gussek

Anonymous said...

My guess is Jock. My Rav ID is RowdyGirl

Marilyn said...

Boys that are full of themselves...JOCK it is!!

Anonymous said...

I would go with Little Joe.
-sal@gmail.com