Monday, July 27, 2009

Some crafting

I have been trying to find crafting time between my crazy work schedule and all the other things I want to do. I did sneak some time in this past week and actually have something to show for it.

The orange thing is a crocheted cinch cover in Knit One Crochet Two Fleece held doubled. It slides over the cinch (or girth, depending on who you ask) of the saddle (the part that goes under the horse's belly to hold the saddle on). Rowdy has been getting some rubbing when we go on long rides and this will really help. I was going to buy one, but found a pattern and had this yarn and we all know that handmade is so much better. I didn't really need a pattern since it's just a hdc tube, but thought that I would support the designer by purchasing it.

I also bought patterns from the same person, Crochet Do Dads. The green thing is ear number one of a traditional fly net for the horses. It's like a little bonnet thing that goes over the ears and has some fringe and such over the forehead to help keep those pesky flies away. I'm using Sinfonia mercerized cotton (available at Hobby Lobby).

The other thing I've been working on are the Pyewacket Socks. I'm using Knit Picks Essentials in African Violets. The pattern is easy and quick without being boring. I really love how the puppydog prints are turning out!

I've also managed a few more repeats on the wedding wrap. It's getting very boring, but I really need to finish it up so that I can get started on other wedding knitting... my garter, Shawn's wedding socks, the handbinding scarf...

No comments: