Saturday, July 11, 2009

Swap Bag

I started the Flat Rate Box Swap group on Ravelry and we're about to wrap up our first swap. The idea is to take a medium flat rate box and stuff it (absolutely full... if you can hear something rattle when the box is shook, it's not full enough!). The members all vote on the theme and this first time around it was local. All the main goodies had to be locally-derived, trying to keep it within the state as much as possible. So, no Malabrigo from the lys!

My pal likes shopping bags, so I decided to make this one for her from Hempathy. It's the Super Self-Pouching String Bag with mods. So, not from Georgia, but Hempathy does have cotton in it, which is a big Georgia crop.

The other goodies in the box follow the local theme better... Georgia peach preserves, a Coca-Cola shirt, a small bottle of Coke, a book by Truett Cathy (the founder of Chic-Fil-A), handmade stitch markers with a Ga theme (a peach, UGA colors, Jackets colors, GA, and shell that signifies Ga beaches), Georgia post cards and some pics I took, and my handspun fiber that was dyed by an Atlanta fiber artist and some of my other handspun (not from Ga, but I did spin it). I also got her 2 dogs some toys (not Ga, but oh well).



No comments: