Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kindness Never Fails to Astonish

Yesterday was a day for kindness. I received two different packages from friends with gifts.

Above is from Jen, who I met through the first swap in my group, Flat Rate Box Swap, on Ravelry. I sent a package to her. She sent me a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) on the day that Black Jack died (she didn't know about Black Jack at the time).

She bought a gorgeous amber orifice hook for my spinning wheel. I've been wanting a pretty hook and this one is stunning. She got it from an etsy shop. She also sent a pattern I had in my queue, Carmine, a really pretty skirt that will be great for fall. The card she sent was touching and so thoughtful.
This is the second box. It's from Tammy, a good friend from the knitting group/spinning guild I went to in north Georgia. I haven't seen my fiber friends for a long time now and I miss them. Tammy got me these two skeins of gorgeous yarn (that I haven't seen before) as well as The Yarn Harlot's At Knit's End book (not pictured) for graduation.

Aren't I a loved girl? I feel like it right now!

1 comment:

Anita O said...

Aww, don't you love to get unexpected stuff in the mail? How nice!