Sunday, August 9, 2009

New WIP



I really should be working on my wedding wrap. But, it's so boring. I am going to make myself knit at least 1 repeat a week, though, starting this coming week. It should be finished soon enough.

This is the Buttony Sweater in my handspun Romney x (roving from Hello Yarn, spun into a heavy worsted/bulky 3-ply). I have modded the pattern to suit my wants/needs and I think this is going to be a winner. I have my KP Options set, so have circs long enough to actually try the thing on as I go (my problem with past raglans... just wing it and they are too big). I have 4 skeins spun so far and haven't made to large of a dent into the 2 lb I originally purchased, so yardage shouldn't be an issue. I can't wait to have the FO and I really can't wait for winter so I can wear it!

In other news, I've been looking for a new job. With no luck. Surprising, huh? I actually could get a job in ID at the Sheriff's Department (and would be sent to CSI school... I have Daddy connections and part of my degree is in CJ ;-), but the application/hiring process takes about 3 months. I need to leave my job before then. It's become unbearable and I have found out about a few things going on in upper management that have made working there really tough. The entire store wants to be transferred/quit, but they won't move us out of the store and we can't afford to quit without another job lined up and ready to go. Anyway, I'm talking to an Air Force recruiter Tuesday. It'll be an enlisted recruiter, but he can point me in the right direction for OTS (Officers Training School). I hope to be able to leave for training in a month or so... train for 4 months, start back at Walgreens (and hopefully have some changes by then... new manager or I get put in a new store), and start the process for getting hired at the Sheriff's Dept. That's the plan. I'm really hoping that I can go through with the AF thing... I have had ankle surgery, but I'm not looking to fly, so that shouldn't be something that I can't get a waiver for if needed. I know that there's a hold on enlistments since the military has become a very popular job option in this economy... hoping that it's not the same for officers. I'll go either Guard or Reserves. Very excited!

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the Officer's School thing! I have so much respect (and honestly a little bit of envy) for everyone who has the wherewithall to enter the military. Good luck with whatever it is you decide!