Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Great News

Yesterday was a day for great news.

First, I visited Sgt. Jeane again and we got my application finished and all the paperwork done. Everything is looking good and I will be taking my tests (ASVAB and DLAB) next week. We're hoping to get me going in October, but it might be November. As long as my medical does ok (the surgery, namely), I'm in. And, I make height/weight! I don't have to lose the 5 lb like I thought. I'm a half inch taller than I guessed (I'm 5'2.5"), so that put me in the next bracket. I meet the standard no problem. If for some reason I'm a little heavier when I go, I pass the BMI test no problem as well. I did lose 3 lb since the initial meeting with Jeane.

Also, the field I'm going into, Military Intelligence, is one of 2 that are still offering sign-on bonuses (the other is truck driver). It's a 10000.00 bonus (half after training, half 3 years later). BUT, since I'll be doing a quick-ship and it's the off-season, the bonus is doubled to 20 000.00! Not too bad, considering that I'll be getting married right after, so that will help SO MUCH.

The other great news came at work... I'm being transferred! I start Saturday at the store I did my internship at. It's about 30 minutes closer to home and I really like the manager. I am so glad. I tried to tone down my enthusiasm in front of the she-devil when she told me, but I couldn't. I was grinning my head off and laughing. I am SO GLAD to be going from that manager. I love the employees, but I hate the management. I was so much happier at Barnesville and am glad to be going back.


Here is a pic of something I've been working on a little bit. The Chevvy socks from Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn. I'm using Knit Picks Handpainted (Stroll) in the Make Believe colorway. I'm using 4-inch needles... they are cute and convenient in the knitting bag, but it's like knitting with toothpicks! Strains the hands a little, but not too bad. Oh, these aren't going to be socks. They are huge (recommended needle size of 3, and I'm using 1.5....). I'm making these into mittens instead.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!! All sorts of awesome news right there. So glad to hear about the work switch too. Enjoy it.