Friday, September 4, 2009

Yarn

I've made a few recent yarn acquisitions.

After making those mitts, I needed more Kathmandu Aran. I mean, merino, cashmere, and silk!? I found someone on Ravelry who had 15 balls in a really pretty purple. I snatched it up and am so glad that I did. This stuff is gorgeous and makes a wonderfully soft and thick fabric. I'm thinking of a sweater of some sort...

While looking at yarn for sale/trade on Ravelry, I checked out what Cattywampus (link to the right) had available. That led me to acquiring 19 balls of elann.com Uros Aran, a 50/50 blend of wool and llama. I've never seen any elann yarn in real life and I do like this stuff. It's not too coarse, but isn't too soft either. Seems strong and I like it. My mom is going to make a vest and I'll use the rest for something.

The other addition is Bernat Satin. I got 5 or 6 skeins to make a baby blanket for a coworker who's due with their first child, a little boy, in January. I think I want to knit a chevron blankie, but am really tempted to check out the crochet patterns because knitting a blanket just doesn't seem like much fun.

The knitted blob in the picture is another Amanda's Squatty Sidekick purse. It's just like the one I made for my trip to New Jersey... same color and everything. The pregnant coworker asked for a bag like mine and I am almost finished with it. I found a really pretty blue ceramic button at JoAnn's.

Not much else going on right now. When I'm not working, I'm running with the dogs and trying to get a little fiber time in. Shawn's making the appointment to see the Army Guard recruiter this week! We're going Friday after I get off work. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anita O said...

good luck at the recruiters!

Nice yarn acquisition. Shopping Rav is a dangerous past time for me, LOL.