Saturday, October 31, 2009

I promise to update more...

I will try to update the blog at least twice a week. I think I was pretty good about it, but I've really let it slide to the bottom of the list of things to do.

To prove that I really have been knitting, here is a cute little project I made yesterday:

It's a drum. Really cute and quick pattern. These pictures don't do it justice... it's really adorable. I made it for Chris, my best friend, who plays drums in his band (Halfmast). Maybe he can hang it in his rearview mirror or on his Christmas tree or something.

>I used size 4 needles and Patons Classic Wool Merino scraps I had. I like it

Second form of proof of knitting activity:
I've been in love with the Vineland Mitten pattern for a while now and have finally started on them. I'm using Lamb's Pride Superwash I got during the Shop Hop (oh, by the way, I won an awesome prize of 4 skeins of Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere! Pics to come...). This is my first time using this yarn and I really like it. Very soft and sturdy.

The mittens are going to be a little big, but that's Ok. I'll probably wear them over cheap gloves from Walmart or whatever.

2 comments:

lunaticraft said...

What a great little drum!

And I'm totally loving the mittens so far.

Anita O said...

Nice Mittens. What a great color combo too.