Monday, November 16, 2009

RSP Drill

This weekend was my first RSP drill. I have to go to RSP drill until I leave for Basic and then once I come back from AIT until I get handed off to my unit. It's been described as "Purgatory."

It wasn't too bad, though. We left from the Griffin Armory at about 0700 and drove to Fort Benning in Columbus. We took a PT test (passed with no problems!) and then took some classes and went rapelling down the 60-ft wall. It was pretty fun. I haven't been rapelling since I was about 8, so it was neat to be able to go again. After that we went to shower and then drove to the Newnan Armory to sleep. I had fire guard from 0100 to 0200, but that wasn't too bad. The next morning came early, though. Did some PT and then we first timers had a bunch of classes and paperwork to do for the rest of the day. We lucked out of the 2.5 mile run (but next time I won't be so lucky).

It wasn't my choice of ways to spend a perfectly good weekend, but it could have been a lot worse. I did start feeling sick Saturday with a sore throat and ear and now I'm really congested, sneezing, coughing, etc. I really hope I get over it soon. Wouldn't really mind it if I was able to just stay home and do nothing, but I have to work everyday this week.

Speaking of work... my last day off was LAST Monday and my next day off is NEXT Monday. I did have this weekend off from Walgreens, but I was definitely working (drill is a lot more work than managing Walgreens). Sooo... that's 13 days of straight work. No fun at all. Thankfully, I have next Monday and Tuesday off, so that's nice. I am going to Columbus Sunday after work to spend some time with a friend for my days off. I can't wait... it'll be fun.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Glad to hear that RSP drill went well. It sounds intense, but neat at the same time!

=( for the lack of days off, though. Have fun with your friend!