Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Half an FO and Falling to Weakness


So, it's a horrible pic and the ends are all sticking out everywhere. But, it's finished! I think it's a personal best... one Fair Isle mitt in 24 hours? Maybe 2 sick days from work had something to do with it (I've been fighting a bad cold). I love how the color transitioned... I was worried it might be too blocky/stripey, but it's perfect. I've already cast on for the second (if I didn't, I never would) and am trying my best to match up the colors. I'll get a better picture when I have a complete pair. Wouldn't a snow pic be nice? Doubtful, though.

I was weak and cast on for another project yesterday night. This is a Noro Striped Scarf in Kureyon Sock. I'm using US 4 needles to make it light and airy, as well as to make it go a bit quicker. Not sure if I'll be keeping this or if it's going to Kenny (depends on if he likes it when I show it to him...). If he takes it, then I'm making one for myself. I love it.




2 comments:

Anita O said...

I can't believe you finished that mitt so quick. Wow, especially with a bad cold.
Scarf is looking good too.

lunaticraft said...

WOW! I totally envy your knitting speed. Beautiful mitt.

I'm in the middle of a Noro striped scarf too, actually. So simple, but the result is SO AWESOME... Can't wait to see how yours turns out!