Monday, August 23, 2010

I Heart Zombies

Isn't this the cutest pillow? Charlie loves zombies. I mean, he really loves them. His favorite movies are Zombieland and the Resident Evil series. He plays Left 4 Dead (1 and 2). He wears a belt with zombies on them. I bought him some toy zombie pets that he proudly displays in the barracks. He's crazy about them. So, when I found this chart, I knew I had to make something with it for my boy.

I crocheted it rather than knitted so that it would be a quicker project. I started this the day before I left to visit him in San Antonio (where I'm at right now) and wanted it finished same-day. I used Araucania Ranco (the gray), my handspun wool blend (the orange), and Creatively Dyed Calypso (the pink). I handsewed black fabric to the back and stuffed it with alpaca locks. Charlie loved it! He's already requested a scarf with the same thing on it.

I'm having a good time visiting in Texas, but the fun has to end and I'm going home tonight. I probably won't be back for a while, so the next time I see Charlie will likely be in about 7 weeks, when he gets leave. He should spend a week or so with me then; I can't wait.

I need to go through WIPs and see what all I have. I knew I shouldn't've started so many projects before leaving for training... I'm going to frog most of them, I think, and start on other things. I know I'm going to keep and finish the Endpaper Mitts, but that's probably the only thing that's not getting frogged. I'm thinking I'll start on some mittens, a cardi for me, Charlie's scarf, and a sweater for Gideon (my warm-weather doggy who's going to hate me when we move to Michigan!).

No comments: