Monday, September 6, 2010

Pictures This Time

I finally got some decent pics of the fibery activities going on around here.

Above is about 74 yards of 3-ply bulky weight handspun merino. This is from the fiber I got in San Antonio. I'm almost finished with the rest of it and only have to ply and wash before these will become Plaid Mittens for me. If I have enough yarn leftover, I'll also make a Hill Country Hat.

This is finished Christmas gift number one, Michelle's Star Crossed Slouchy Beret. I used Cascade 220 in red since I have 2 balls of it. It's heavily modded since I realized about halfway through my row gauge is a lot looser than hers. I still need to block it, but it looks good and I'm satisfied with it.


Progress on the Hemlock Ring Blanket in Jade Sapphire 100% Mongolian Cashmere has pretty much stopped for now. This isn't a deadline knit, so I'm going to focus on the Christmas gifts and knit on this when I can truly enjoy it.


I've finished the increases for my Basic Chic Hoodie and just need to get the sleeves on holders before I can move on to the body part.

This is my new phone! It's the Palm Pre. I had the basic Samsung that came with my plan when I renewed my contract... VERY basic with no camera, internet, or anything else. Limited texting capabilities, too, so it was time to get a new phone and get my own plan (I was on the family plan with my mom). I'm in love with this phone... it's only 60.00 and came with a free car charger, bluetooth, and case, in addition to the standard wall charger all phones come with. Since I'm a Walgreens employee I also get 20% off my monthly bill. This phone is a mobile hotspot, so I will be using it for my computer's internet once I move, so it's like my internet is free (plus I have it on the phone as well).

Tomorrow I sign my house lease and pay the deposit! Yikes! I'm so excited about moving, but it's going to be very financially rough this month and next. All the costs of actually moving in are simply obscene. Once I'm in, though, I'll be ok. Just surviving the now

Oh, I also found June Carter the best home this weekend. An older couple took her... they have no other dogs and a lot of acreage and a whole slew of grandkids for June to run and play with. I'm sad to see that silly pup go, but she couldn't've gone to a better place. I have decided that I am definitely going to keep Johnny Cash. I just can't let that boy go. He loves me to death and is such a good boy. He'll be in the house and I'm taking him to Michigan with me next year. So, that'll be 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a rabbit. There will definitely be NO more additions to the family for a long long long while, lol.

No comments: