Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WIPs (with really crappy pictures)

I have several WIPs going, but they're going good and I'm doing a decent job of dividing my attention amongst them. These pics are horrible due to my laziness to go outside for good lighting. I'll get better ones later.

I'm almost finished with the second Endpaper Mitt. It's coming along nicely and I'm most than halfway through the increases for the thumb. I'm loving this project... stranded colorwork is so fun and satisfying and it's a very quick knit.

Progress on my Basic Chic Hoodie. I'm a little more than halfway through the increases before putting the sleeves on hold. This is easy, but a little boring with all the stockinette.
A new project that's really special! This is the Hemlock Ring Blanket in Jade Sapphire Mongolian Cashmere 6-ply (I won four skeins in the 2009 Atlanta Shop Hop). Such luxurious yarn! I'm making this for me and Charlie for when I move next year.


This is the yarn I'm making my mom's Christmas socks with. It's Adorn Sock (by Three Irish Girls) in the Titania colorway.

This is some Malabrigo Silky Merino, Archangel colorway. I have two hanks of this and I'm thinking of making Michelle a Grace Lace Beret as her Christmas. The color is way off in this pic... it's actually more of a muted pink/purple, not a rosy pink.

I've been working part-time at the vet clinic and will be starting full-time at Walgreens soon. I hate it, but it's a matter of necessity right now. Walgreens pays more and I can get 40 hours/week. I found a house to move to! It's itsy bitsy, but only 375.00/month and Gideon and Colt are allowed. 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom. My yarn gets its own room!

No comments: