Friday, October 1, 2010

How I love to spin

Isn't this gorgeous? I received 4 ounces of superwash merino in a swap package from Colorado last fall and finally got around to spinning it. I finished this in just 2 sittings (a record for me lately) and it was exactly what I needed... smooth as butter, beautiful colors, and it wanted to be exactly what I was hoping it would (I let the fiber decide what it wants to be... I've fought enough in the past with trying to decide for it). I was able to get around 378 yards of dk-worstedish weight singles. Absolutely lovely. This pic was taken right off the wheel; it's had a bath since and is currently drying.

Some pictures of my babies at home. They've all adjusted very nicely... Colt (hasn't he grown?!) especially. He's so playful and fearless and really likes to torment the dogs, who both take it well enough. He's all tough (so he thinks, at least).

No comments: