Tuesday, December 7, 2010

FOs

Charlie's Christmas scarf is finished! My grandmother handsewed the lining to it this weekend while I was at drill. I love it. It's already wrapped and ready to fly to Michigan with me.

A while back, not too long after I moved into my house, I spun up 4 ounces of superwash merino I got in a swap from Colorado. It's a cushy thick/thin singles and I just couldn't decide what to do with it. I decided to make a hat for Michigan. The Hurricane Hat pattern is perfect with this yarn. I don't normally like myself in hats, but I do like this one.

Bambi saw my hat and liked it so much, she asked for one to match it. She is from Michigan, so wanted it for that reason, too. I whipped one up in no time using the A Hat For A Cat pattern. So simple and adorable.

Then I had a lot of yarn leftover, so decided to make me a cowl to match the hat. I improvised this design, using the hurricane hat stitch pattern.

No comments: