Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mail Day

Good mail always seems to come at once. Yesterday I got my Christmas gift from my parents... A Kindle! I've been longing for an e-reader and am SO HAPPY to have it! I've already downloaded 3 books... The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe (actually it's a 5-book package), World War Z (about zombies), and The Serpent and the Rainbow (also about zombies, but the real kind... a non-fiction on Haiti, vodoun, and real zombification). I'm reading the last one right now... SO GOOD. I recommend it to anyone with an interest in Haitian history/culture or zombies. Even if you aren't interested, read it anyway! You'll probably like it.

Now for other mail that came today...

My latest Knit Picks order (that I couldn't really afford, but got as a Christmas gift to myself anyway). Starting on the left, with the brown yarn, and going clockwise: 2 skeins of Stroll Tonal (Kindling) for birthday socks for Charlie, 3 skeins Stroll Twist (Terrain) for birthday socks for Charlie, 3 skeins Stroll Sport (Baltic Heather) for socks for my friend Jack, 3 skeins Stroll (Ash) for birthday socks for Charlie, and a lone skein of Stroll Sport in Sarge because it was on sale and I can use it for more boot socks.

My swap package from Denise (knitterdlc on Ravelry)! I participated in a Ho Ho Ho Christmas 2010 Swap on Rav and was really spoiled! I got 2 skeins of Shibui Knits sock yarn (yum!), a Knit Picks needle sizer (really needed since the cats lost mine), some really cute yarn ball stitch markers with a fortune cookie case, a sock pattern, a sweater keychain, 2 packets of Eucalan wipes, and a wrapped gift for Christmas day. Oh, and she was kind enough to send the cats 2 toys, which they've already thrown under the fridge (there's a sea of lost toys under the stove and fridge).

No comments: