Friday, December 31, 2010

Secret Pal 16

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like?

Favorite yarn companies are Blue Sky Alpacas, Araucania, and Knit Picks. I love indie dyers and am a huge fan of nice sock yarn. Mostly use fingering, dk, and worsted weight in natural fibers/blends. No real use for novelty yarn. I want yarn in usable amounts, so that single skein of 400 yards of fingering weight will be preferred to a single skein of 150 yards of worsted or bulky.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a Knit Picks interchangeable set, so they live in the little pouch thing. The rest are in a cosmetics bag. I'm always looking for better ways to organize. I don't do straight needles, only the interchangeable circs and dpns.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Nothing really to learn that I can think of. I pretty much tackle new things soon after deciding I want to try. I'd consider myself advanced intermediate... not much I've tried and haven't been able to figure out after a little try, but I'm no expert.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Knit Picks is here.

5. What’s your favorite scent?
Coconut, lime, gingered peach

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like salty/sweet combos, peanut butter, milk chocolate, caramel, Lays potato chips, Sour Patch Watermelons, Sour Dots

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Spin, crochet, video games (Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Cabela's hunting games, Left 4 Dead 2, Fallen Earth; I have a Super Nintendo, PSP, and computer)

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Taylor Swift, 90s alternative (3rd Eye Blind, Goo Goo Dolls, etc), Cake, Weezer

9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Olive green, turquoise, mustard yellow, purple, red. Don't really care for pastels, but there's nothing that I hate.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me. Boyfriend is in Texas most of the time for Army nursing school (we're both Army). I have our two cats, Bambi and Colt, and one dog, Gideon (Dashchund/Chihuahua mix). Also have three goldfish, Adam, Bingo, and Chompy.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, mittens, gloves, etc. Not really ponchos. I'm moving to Michigan in September, so warm handknits will be needed!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks, mittens, one-piece sweaters, stuff for the critters, stuff for the boyfriend

13. What are you knitting right now?
I'm just about to finish a Hemlock Ring Blanket in 100% cashmere. Also working on a pair of My Vampire Boyfriend socks (KP Stroll Tonals), a pair of birthday socks for my boyfriend (Not Cable Socks in KP Stroll Twists), about to start on a spinning project for a handknit sweater.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circs and dpns. Bamboo or acrylic, no metal (too slick).

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both, but my ball winder is about to die on me. Pup got to it and chewed it up pretty bad, so it snags the yarn pretty bad.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Not that old. I think August?

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I love Thanksgiving and Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn and fiber! I try not to collect too much these days because I plan on moving later this year.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I like sock knitting books and those on one-piece sweaters. I love Interweave Knits, but no subscription.

21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
Not that I can think of.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I wear a US 6.5 female shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
08 May 1987

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
SpinKnitUp

No comments: