Sunday, January 9, 2011

Socks Socks Socks

I think 2011 is going to be a year for socks. I have 3 pairs otn right now, though the Vampire Boyfriends are on hold until I finish the other 2. I think it'll be a pair for February (more fitting anyway since it'll be love month and all).

I had drill this weekend and got started on my interstate transfer to Michigan! I won't be moving for another 8 months, but I wanted to get the ball rolling so that it'll be a smooth transition and finding a unit up there that needs a medic won't be a problem. Charlie is working on finding me a recruiter up there to get in touch with.

I'm making good progress on Charlie's second (and final) pair of birthday socks. I'm really loving this pattern though it's tough on the hands on size 0 needles! I'm actually a full repeat farther along than this pic shows... it was taken a few days ago. I'm about ready to start on the heel. This is my second pair of toe-up socks and I do like the construction, though I think I might prefer top-down unless I'm trying to use up every last bit of a skein.

These are my plain vanilla socks for the Year of Stash Socks group on Ravelry. These are my January pair. I'm using the ShibuiKnits Sock from Denise (Ho Ho Ho Christmas 2010 Swap). I'm loving the yarn and the pattern (stockinette on size 2 needles) offers a nice break from Charlie's socks when my hands can't take it anymore!

No comments: