Monday, April 4, 2011

Yarn Shopping

I was off today so decided to check out a San Antonio LYS. I went to The Yarn Barn near downtown. It's only about 6 miles (15 minutes or so) from us, which is such a treat considering the closest LYS in Georgia was at least an hour and a half. I went with the intention of only buying yarn for Charlie's aid bag and medic arm band for his upcoming zombie Nerf gun LARP event, but of course came home with a little something for me as well...
This is Knit One Crochet Too Crock-O-Dye in a really pretty neutral colorway, kinda the color of sand. It's a tannish drab and I love it. Not sure if it'll be used for socks or for a pretty summery scarf.
White Lamb's Pride for the aid bag/arm band. I've never used this yarn but know it's popular and I'm sure I'll like it.
This yarn isn't orange, it's red Cascade 220. The lighting in here is terrible right now. It's a regular crayon red for the medic cross symbol on Charlie's stuff.
Very very very pretty olive green Cascade 220 Heathers for the body of the bag. The true color isn't showing in this picture, but it's gorgeous and and I love the rustic look.


You've already seen this, but here's the balled up pic of the Knit Picks Gloss Lace yarn (carrot colorway) I recieved in my last SP16 package. It'll definitely become a summery scarf for sure. I love this color and the yarn structure is so nice.

No comments: