Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Little Update

I quit my job on the 17th! 2 days early, but oh well. It feels so good to be free of that place! I've been spending my time doing everything but knitting, it seems. I've been cleaning the apartment, training Barrett, doign laundry, riding around with Charlie doing some Army stuff, etc.


Here are some project bags my mom made for me. I love them! They are perfect and so cute. She used 550 cord (aka, parachute cord) for the drawstring... great idea since it's so smooth.

This is a cute little bag from Three Bags Full on etsy. It was a RAK gift and I love it! I've wanted one of these bags for the longest time.


Progress on the Roma Shawl for the TTL KAL. It's slow-going. Each repeat takes a surprisingly long time to complete with this fine fine fine yarn and it's growing just a tiny bit with each repeat knit. I do love it, though. I still have a ways to go before I can start the border (which I really can't wait to do... I'm itching to knit with the Buffalo Gold!).




Look what Charlie got me! Remember my old boy, Squishy? I miss that rat like crazy. There can never be a replacement for him, but these two are my new babies. The top one is Grendel, my little siamese girl. Such a sweetheart. The bottom one is Kel (as in Kel-Tec), Charlie's bareback blue male. They are the start of my breeding program (another gift from Charlie... permission to breed as long as it doesn't get out of hand, lol).


Pics I took of Barrett today. She's growing so much!

No comments: