Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweater Number Two

This Maile Sweater took me exactly one week to make. It is knit bottom-up and the sleeves are attached in an interesting and slightly annoying way, but in the end it wasn't all that difficult and I love the resulting sweater. I used Knit Picks Stroll Tonal yarn in the Gypsy colorway. The lighting is so terrible in our house and it's been overcast the past few days, so the colors are WAY off in the picture. It's actually a very deep dark tonal red. Used less than one skein. I actually have plenty left over for a few pairs of baby socks, a baby hat (or several), etc. I know lace is kinda girly, but I think this is gender-neutral enough. Charlie thinks red is a boy color, I think it's a girl color, so there ya go.


I started a simple granny square blanket using, gasp, Red Heart Super Saver. I know, but it's cheap, washable, readily available, and it comes in camo, which Charlie really wanted for the blanket. Washing RHSS really does soften it up a bit so I'm not too worried or ashamed. It'll more than likely be the kind of blanket you lay baby down on for nap or play, not the kind it'll be wrapped up in and such. I ordered yarn for that...


Charlie gave me a 100.00 allowance for yarn today! How sweet, right?! I went on Knit Picks and spent 119.00. I can't wait for it to get here. I got 5 balls of Chroma Worsted in the Mesa colorway for a Ten Stitch Blanket, the Hearthwarming Stocking Kit (plus extra yarn to make a third stocking since the kit comes with enough to make two), and yarn for a Rhino Romper in the 6 month size (I'm really excited about this adorable and useful knit! I got a gorgeous tonal blue for the MC and a bright grassy green for the CC). I also got 2 sets of 24" circs (US 2 and 3).


I have my first ob/gyn appointment on Monday! Hopefully we get to see little Knolly on an ultrasound...

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Love this pattern. I kind of want one in my size. Hahaha.