Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas?

It just doesn't feel like Christmas. I thought this year it really would since I'm in snowy Michigan. Michigan likes to disappoint. It hasn't really snown much... at all. My first white Christmas isn't looking like it's going to be all that white. This state has disappointed me all around so far. I really miss Georgia and Texas.

Also, I just don't feel the holiday cheer this year. Maybe it's because we're hurting for money so bad and we can't find jobs (thanks again, Michigan!) and we aren't able to really give good gifts this year. We picked up a few small things for family, but it's not really the thoughtful type of gift... mainly just the kind like, "Here's a present. Merry Christmas." Gift-giving isn't really happening between Charlie and me. I go him a 10.00 set of Nerf guns and he got me a 2.00 self defense key chain. We already gave them to each other and we both really liked our gifts, but it's a far cry from last year's PS3, trip to Michigan from Georgia to visit, blueray movies, etc.

We are going to my father-in-law's house today to have dinner and maybe do gifts (that might wait for tomorrow, not sure). Tomorrow is my sister-in-law's and everyone will be there. I think it's also that this is my second Christmas in a row without my family. Charlie is my family, my most important family, and I'm happy to be spending our first Christmas as husband and wife together and in good health, but it's just hard to be away from everything that's familiar to me all the time. I hate the part of the country I'm living in and things are just not very festive for me right now.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Christmas is so hard when you're just starting out, and the job market is pathetic everywhere. I feel you. I hope you guys have better luck soon, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and I hope it starts snowing for you before all the Christmas Lights come down!