Thursday, January 26, 2012

Knitting

I'm so glad I decided to keep knitting on the kicking bag (thanks, Lunaticraft!). I've knit about 8 inches now and am not as worried about running out of yarn... I think I'll have enough for the bag and the drawstring (just watch, now that I'm not worried I'll run out!).

Since the start of 2012, I've felt this odd urgency about knitting. It's like it's just so important to knit all these things... not sure why, maybe it's the pregnancy thing kicking in and all that? I guess I kind of feel like I'm running out of time and if I don't knit everything RIGHT NOW I'll never get the chance to do it. I know that's silly, but it has made me enter ALL my stash (minus a few tiny skeins of handspun) in Rav, made me being loyal to projects (only have one main WIP - the kicking bag - and the Chroma ripple blanket going), and I've also been thinking really hard about exactly what I want to knit:

* Finish the kicking bag
* Mist Stole in Knit Picks Stroll Tonals (Kindling) - This is a gorgeous pattern (crochet, too!) and I plan on using it as a cover-up when breastfeeding in public. Brown isn't the most glamorous color, but this yarn is machine washable/dryable, dark enough to cover dirt/stains, isn't too girly, and will hopefully go with most of my clothes.
* More soakers using wool scraps
* Finish the Chroma blanket
* A sweater/cardi/something FOR ME. That actually works and I like and will wear. I see sooo many patterns I love, but I'm hesitant to start anything because I know it won't fit me now and might not for a few months post-baby. But, maybe the time is a good thing; I can knit it in my normal pre-prego size so will have plenty of time to get it done and it might be motivation to get off my butt after Arthur arrives so I can fit into it. I have yarn that is just begging to be knit... this sock yarn wants to be a Olive Blouse, the frogged FLS yarn wants to be a Mediumweight Pullover, all this DK weight yarn needs to become a skirt of some sort, etc.

Anyway, just some thoughts on knitting and such. In other news, I finally have a unit to drill with up here Michigan and will be visiting them for the first time next month, Charlie will be leaving for Kentucky for a military warrior competition from Feb 26 - Mar 2, and we are definitely moving to Georgia this fall.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product, it looked like it was going to be so cute. And the knitting urgency? Sounds like nesting to me! ;) Glad to see your plans include something for you. You deserve it!