Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Projects

This is a sign I wood burned for Charlie right after Christmas. It's a little plain, I think, but I like how the gun turned out with the shading and such. I haven't burned in a long time and it felt good to do it again. I think that this year is going to be a lot about me actually doing things I like craft-wise. I already have my next burning project in the planning stages and also want to get back into cross stitching, something I used to do constantly. I still have all my patterns and supplies (though the supplies are still in Georgia). I think I may use some of my Joann's giftcard I got for Christmas toward some fabric and thread, just enough to get me started back into it. Or maybe take the kit route. We'll see. Anyway, Charlie liked his little gift even though he doesn't have a gun room yet. One day...

This is a picture of the February Lady Sweater I have OTN. It's been in the works for a while now, but I just can't seem to want to devote much attention to it. It's easy and goes by pretty quickly, but I just have other things that I want to work on. I do need to finish it soon, though, since I sized it for my ever-growing chest and belly and want to get use out of it before the baby arrives! Only about 16 more weeks before he's supposed to arrive... wow. The true color is a dark purple/blue... in some light it looks purpler, some it looks bluer, but it's mostly a dark purple. The yarn is Berroco Vintage.

A very out of focus picture of my New Year sock, Gretya in Blackberry Ridge Silk Blend fingering weight yarn. It's really a very dark navy color and is soooo lovely to knit with! I got it in a swap some time ago and don't know why I've waited so long to knit with it. I love it. Barrett obviously loves it too. Or, maybe that's just the sheepy smell she's in love with. Either one.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

The woodburning looks great! Love the detail on the gun.