Saturday, January 28, 2012

Simple




I talk about wip loyalty in the my last post then have a new FO in this one that isn't the wip I was working on. Oh well. This is a very cute and very quick little baby hat, knit is 6-12 month size, I test knitted for AliciaPlum (link is to her FO). It's called Simple and it really is. I was able to use some ancient handspun leftovers (spun this back in 2007 I believe and knit my first pair of socks with it) and only have about 28 yards left. The colors are more vibrant in real life; we have sucky lighting in this house. The hat is way cuter than the pics show. It's been tucked away into the baby drawer for baby Arthur to use during his first fall/winter.

Still chugging along on the endless stockinette of the kicking bag. I'll be glad to have it finished. It's boring, but I know I'm going to love the FO. My next cast on will be for the Mist Stole nursing covering and I'll be swatching for the Chiton Pullover using Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk that I recently reclaimed after frogging the wedding Clapotis for the wedding that never happened. Much better use for this yarn :)   I had started a Chiton Pullover last year and got quite a long way on it, but ran out of yarn and, really, it was going to be too big anyway, so the cats use it as a cuddle blanket. I think attempt number 2 will be much better.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Adorable, and I like that it's simple in design. A perfect way to show off that handspun!