Sunday, January 8, 2012

Well, That Didn't Work...

So, the sock was a failure. It was coming out way too big. I knew casting on 64 stitches on size 2 needles in a lace pattern was a bad idea!!! I ended up frogging the whole thing and am now halfway done with sock one of 'Vog On. Much better. I really do think that these will work. I'm making them taller since I don't have much need to anklets right now. I may make an anklet pair later, though, as this is a really fun and simple (and quick!) pattern.

Not much else is new here. We have are working on getting our ham radio licenses, so have been studying up on that and will begin taking classes tomorrow night. We are studying for the first level and the classes are for the second... not the ideal way of going about it, but we came across the class online and it is free and we plan on getting level 2 anyway. It'll be something to do together at the very least, which is always good.

I'm battling a case of startitis right now... I just feel this urgency to cast on for tons of projects! I have a crochet baby blanket in KP Chroma I haven't touched in forever, but instead of working on that I keep browsing Ravelry to see what new projects I can start. I know I want to knit something really cute for Megan, my cousin's baby girl due a month after Arthur. I also want to knit a skirt for me to wear to Charlie's uncle's wedding on Memorial Day weekend, but I need to wait to see what size I'll be then and also think about if I really want to invest that much yarn and knitting into something that'll (hopefully) be too big later in the year. Then there are lightweight summery scarves, more little boy knits, etc that I keep seeing! I'm trying to be good, though, and want to finish this pair of socks and my February Lady Sweater first. We'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

Startitis... such a crafty crippler. I'm battling it myself too! And ham radio licences? That sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck!