Saturday, February 18, 2012

Tulips


I ended up frogging the Mist Stole nursing cover. I just wasn't in love with it. I have started over using my go-to crochet scarf pattern, Tulips scarf. I made 3 of these for the neighbor girls a few years ago and one for myself in handspun last year. I am using the same yarn, Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Kindling, so made it 4 times wider than the pattern calls for. I am doing my usual mod of adding a row of dc, followed by a row of sc, between rows 1 and 2, every other repeat. I like this so much more and it won't require blocking at all. I hope to have enough yarn to add a dc border to the whole thing to make the edges nice and pretty.

It was Charlie's 23rd birthday yesterday and we didn't do much for it. I wanted to go do something, but he chose to stay home and play Fallen Earth instead. We did go out with family for dinner and that was fun. Tomorrow we are going to a gun show and then to Ikea with his stepmom to get the baby crib! I'm very excited to have the crib up and the bedding in. My mom made the cutest crib set for us and I can't wait to show it off.

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

I love the colors in that yarn. They're like the perfect earthy tones. Good luck with the crib!