Monday, March 19, 2012

Chiengora


This is 52 yards of yarn spun from fur saved off my dad's service dog, Kaiser (sable German Shepherd). Kaiser's getting on up there in age and has recently gone blind due to injury (though is still working as a service dog for my dad... my dad was going to retire him after going blind, but he was depressed being left home all the time, so is happily back at work as a mobility helper dog for my dad). My mom will be using this to make something for my dad.

I have cast on for another sock yarn scrap project... a scarf crocheted lengthwise, using only Knit Picks Essential/Stroll and Felici fingering weight yarns. it's so soft and I really love how the colors are coming out. I'm leaving the ends loose as fringe.

I also cast on for another baby soaker using worsted scraps I have. I made the size small a little while back and it came out so cute. This time I'm making a medium. I know I'll need more than 2, but it's a start and I can make more once Arthur arrives and I see how dedicated we are to cloth diapering.

2 comments:

lunaticraft said...

What a great idea! Such a neat way to honor such a hardworking dog!

HRK said...

How do you do that? Probably need a spinning machine? So very cool.