Monday, June 11, 2012

Babies



Today is a big day on the baby front...

It's Arthur's 2-month birthday and he was so happy about it this morning! Mornings are his playtime and he normally spends them laying on his back, kicking and waving his hands. This morning was like that, but with a bunch of big smiles and he was talking like crazy. All morning. It was the cutest thing and I was sure to get lots of pictures and some video.

Not only is it a big day for baby boy, but it's also a big one for Alicia and Ryan, my SIL and BIL. They found out that they are having a little girl! Her name is Hannah Louise (as long as they don't change their minds before she arrives this fall) and I couldn't be happier. I've been thinking lately that I might want a little girl one day, but I think I'd be better off with sons and nieces instead, lol. I really would want a girl so that I could knit and accessorize for her and having nieces takes care of that. I feel like I'd be a better mommy to boys than to girls (just watch, now that I said that I'll go and have 3 girls in a row lol). Anyway, I've been searching Ravelry for cute girl patterns and there's no shortage. Here's what I cast on for today...



Doesn't look like much so far, but it's going to be a Super Simple Baby Tunic. I'm doing it in the round, using Knit Picks Brava Sport (which is really closer to worsted weight, in my opinion).


This is a rare time when I don't have a lot on the needles/hook. I frogged the Oak Barrel Socks the other day when Charlie accidently too the needles out and I was too upset to try to salvage it and the OpArt Blanket has been put on hold, possible to be frogged, because it's just too boring. I don't think it's possible for me to knit a blanket. However, I can crochet one, thus the squares in the picture above. I'm using sock yarn scraps (of course) and am making squares that will be joined together eventually. The squares are from a DROPS pattern. I'm still working on my Noro hexagon blanket and am just as in love with it as I was when I first started, but it's kind of slow going since I'm almost out of yarn and am working mostly on joining the hexes I do have right now. I'll eventually get more yarn for it and it'll pick up some steam then.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Those granny squares look so beautiful! Lucky you getting to work on baby knits, those are just too much fun!