Friday, July 13, 2012

FO Friday


I made this pillowcase for a travel pillow I've had for a while. I used about 1.5 skeins of Araucania Nature Wool I've had in the stash for a long time. I'm so glad to be using this yarn... I do love it, but it was kind of weighing me down in the stash. I don't know why, but I hated seeing it in the yarn wardrobe (and I have much older yarn in there that I don't mind keeping around). I still have a little over a skein left to figure out what to do with, but it's progress.

I made up the pattern, pulling from my brain and other patterns. The back is just 2 panels of hdc that meet in the middle with ties.

We had a death in the family this week (Charlie's step-cousin) and I spent most of today helping transfer pictures of Susie to a dvd. I had only met her a few times, so don't really have an emotional connection, but it's family and I was happy to help out. The funeral is Sunday. Charlie is still in Washington on a mission and isn't coming home for it... he wasn't particularly close to Susie and has duties over there that he doesn't want to leave (plus, we really need the paycheck).

Now that I'm finished with the pillowcase, what will be cast on for next? Time to go through the queue...

1 comment:

lunaticraft said...

So sorry for the loss! Funerals are never fun, even if you weren't close. =(

The pillow is very very cute though!