Tuesday, August 21, 2012

2/4



Finished 2/4! This was the Sunnyside Cardigan (boy version) knit with Knit Picks Stroll Tonal (Goldrush). I am very pleased with how it pooled (or, didn't pool). The only noticeable pooling is on the sleeves, which can't be helped because of the decreases.

I knit at a tighter gauge than called for in the pattern and this is a 0-3 month size (knit at the 3-6 month size instructions). Charlie hates my button choice, but I personally love unexpected buttons on things; if I went with orange like he wanted, it would be too blendy and boring.

This is being sent off today to my mom, who will be making matching socks. Then it will be off to Colorado.

2 more to make for this order, then I have to make a few for my mom (she is going to craft shows and wants to have some baby stuff to sell). Before all that, though, I'll be casting on for a Heroclix holder for Charlie (these little figurine things we use to play games with). I will be designing this and it's kind of complex, so we'll see how it turns out. Charlie, as sweet as he is, has a little too much faith and confidence in my knitting and designing ability! He has all these things he wants as part of the design, but they aren't reasonable, so we are having to work it all out and find something that he wants and I can make.

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I think that you are perfectly capable of designing exactly what he wants, you can knit the most perfect baby sweater ever afterall!

lunaticraft said...

Beautiful sweater!

And isn't that always the case when an SO asks you to make something? Hahaha