Sunday, October 14, 2012

Kittens and Mittens!


Red had her babies yesterday night!

She's such a little dummy. I had set up a nice box for her and she has been laying in it for the past week, so we were sure that she would pick that spot to have her kittens. Yesterday was her due date. I was sitting at my desk on the computer (browsing Ravelry, what else?!) with a blanket over my legs because it was cold. Red lays down in the tent made by the blanket and I though about how nice it was because she was warming my feet. Then I feel odd movements from her... almost like contractions. Hmmm... a quick peek confirms my suspicions. That crazy cat was going to have babies on my feet! She literally went into labor with my toes getting toasty under her! I scrambled to get her box and she thankfully didn't move when I put her in it. She had three cutie kitties (shown in order of birth, left to right). The calico is female (of course) and the other two are both males. I am not surprised at the colors/genders as it is exactly what she should have produced genetically. I am going to try my hardest NOT to keep that gorgeous calico!


I finished the second pair of mitts for the lady in Colorado! I really like how the fabric turned out (fingering held doubled). I found a pair of unworn purple mitts I made a while ago that I will be sending as the third pair, so just need to make the last set and I'll be all finished up with the mitt order. I'm working on the last sweater. Cannot wait to be done with commission knits so that I can work on things that I need and want to make! I really have to make more soakers/longies and bibs for Arthur and Christmas knitting is looming over my head.

I am one sleeve away from being finished with Arthur's Sunnyside Cardigan that I started so long ago. I decided to go ahead and finish it up before really working too much on the final commission knits so that it can quit bugging me to be finished and so that he can wear it next weekend (my aunts are funding our trip to Gatlinburg, TN, to see them for a mini vacation!).

1 comment:

Trikoala said...

How cutty babies!!! :D I love your green too and the pattern :)