Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Progress


We really needed new soakers for Arthur and I finally got around to making a pair the other day. I used up some Malabrigo scraps, just working until the color ran out and added a new one using my favorite join, the magic knot. I made the medium size this time and they fit well, with room to grow.


I think it's interesting how I ran out of yarn in the exact same places.


These are the Ringwood Gloves in KP WotA Sport (Thirst Heather). They are such a surprisingly quick knit when I actually work on them! I really hope to finish the pair before the end of the month for the Project:Stash KAL. We'll see.

Still working a round here and there on the Sweetgum Duncan sweater. Not too much progress to show, but it is growing.

Tonight is Thanksgiving dinner with my MIL and step-FIL (Charlies siblings will be there also). I'm looking forward to the time with them and the food! Tomorrow will be hanging around the house, maybe hunting as well. Thursday is dinner with my FIL and step-MIL (and the siblings again, plus Grandma Knoll and Grandma Elaine). It will be fun and chaotic with the house full of people! I am from a very large and very close family, so I'm used to a house full of family (my dad is one of 6 and each of them have between 2 and 5 kids each). I'm a little sad that I won't be with my family this year... Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and my chance to see my entire family. Oh well, at least we get to see them next month after Christmas.

No comments: