Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cyber Monday, Ornaments, and Another Hat



Charlie and my mom made the Knit Picks Cyber Monday sale happen for me :) Pictured above is my first order (my second order is at the post office, waiting for the mailman to bring it to me). Top to bottom, left to right:

* Sling Scoop Bag, Paisely - the perfect bag for carrying the essentials without adding bulk/weight to all that I have to carry (babies need a lot of stuff and diaper bags are heavy!)
* KP Lint Shaver
* 4 Chroma Worsted, Elfin - chevron blanket for Mikah (my brother's unborn son)
* 15 Wool of the Andes, Stellar (a special buy oops colorway) - a fall/winter skirt or cardi for me
* 13 Simply Cotton Sport, Limeade Heather - probably a summer skirt for me
* 1 each Stroll Tonal, Stonewashed and Heirloom (special buy colorways, traded the Stonewashed for other yarn with a Raveler because I didn't like it) - socks? baby stuff?
* 1 Wool of the Andes Tonal, Deep Waters - cardi or longies for Arthur
* 1 each Simply Cotton Sport, Dogwood, Carnelian, Mandarin, Golden, Green Tea, Wave, Haze, and Bermuda - bibs or maybe something larger that uses all the colors?



We sat down as a family the other night and made the gift ornaments! I made salt dough and we put Arthur's handprint in them. 1 for each set of grandparents and 1 for us to keep. We want to do this every year. I made other ornaments with the leftover dough (the Harpers on is going to my brother and his wife). I painted them with acrylic paint and a paint pen, then used homemade mod podge once the paint was dry.


This is the completed hat for my MIL's friend's daughter. I used the Brrr Baby Beanie pattern, minus the earflaps and with a picot edge. It was too plain, so I added a flower using scrap cotton.

No comments: