Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hats



We went "up north" for Thanksgiving weekend with my mother-in-law and (step) father-in-law. It was a great, though very snowy, trip. We spent our days hunting with Arthur spent his days in the cozy cabin with grandma. We saw a few does, but there wasn't anterless hunting allowed, so we had to pass them up. I made Charlie and me hunting hats using Patons Classic Wool and some Sugar n Cream. Mine is the prototype, so isn't very pretty, but Charlie's is the much nicer new and improved version. I forgot to get a picture of his while we were up there.



I also made the munchkin (who is only getting handsomer by the minute and is such a handful now) a hat. It is the Brrr Baby Beanie in Knit Picks Swish (regular and tonal). I went down a hook size to make it fit Arthur's big almost-8-month-old head... it was written for 18 month. Arthur does have a decent-sized noggin on him; his growth charts have him at 25-30% on height, weight, and BMI, but his head is in the 65%. Ah well, it's for his huge brain he has.

No comments: