Friday, December 7, 2012

Inspired


I had a tiny bit of free time today while Arthur napped (it seems that he's been on a napping strike for a few days now and it's been rough on all of us), so I used that time to catch up on some blog reading, which inspired me to make the above candle jar.

Matt, who always makes the most creative and beautiful things, made a few jars using twine and, of course, crochet. I am obsessed with containers and save every glass jar that comes into this house, so finally decided to do something with one of them. This one used to hold banana peppers.

I wasn't going to go out and purchase anything for this little project, so I used some leftover Cascade 220 in red, a small scrap of some novelty yarn (Crystal Palace Party), leftover Knit Picks Cotlin in Sprout, and my new hot glue gun (it was a 3.99 mini one from Michaels and it has been waiting for a project like this... It works great!). I even had the right sized candle for it.

It was really fun. Like Matt, I used Lucy's Jolly Holly pattern. My mother-in-law loves candles and I think this is just perfect for her, so it's already been wrapped up and is waiting for Christmas.

No comments: