Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Blanket

 
 
I was getting a little bored of the Nathan vest (which is finished and blocking right now, more on that once it's dry), so I started the Sunshine Baby Afghan in Knit Picks Chroma Worsted (Elfin colorway) for baby Mikah. I finished up the first ball of yarn that first night, then another yesterday. This is the same blanket in the same yarn (though different colorway) that I made for baby Arthur before we even knew that he was a he. It's become a favorite blankie and I really hope that the same is true for Mikah and this one. I'm using a total of four balls of yarn, so am a little more than halfway through.
 
Now that I'm free of commission knits, I can actually work on things that I want (though Charlie did ask that I make something for him, a gun cozy thing, but that should be quick and easy). I will finish the blanket, then make a dinosaur baby bib, a dinosaur toy, and a few hats for the little guy. I might make a pair of boy booties as well. We'll see. After the baby knitting is complete, I think I'll start on a pair of socks.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Oh how sweet! That is going to be a gorgeous blanket, and so soft too!