Friday, February 1, 2013

A Few Meals From This Week



I only have a few pictures, but at least it's something. I need to remember to get pics before chowing down!

The above meal was really yummy, though simple. Queso blanco mac n cheese, sauteed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots with garlic and cheese, and Italian grilled chicken. The chicken breasts were dipped in following:

3 Tbs evoo
1 Tbs Italian seasoning
1 Tbs lemon juice (I used a little bit more)
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Then I cooked them on my George Foreman grill I got for Christmas. Don't laugh... Foreman knows what he's doing! I love the grill! We can't afford a real grill and don't have a way to store it here (it would get stolen so fast), so this is the next best thing and is actually easier than a real one.


That night, Charlie and Arthur went to bed before dinner, so I made myself some of veggies from that meal. So yummy and I'm pretending it's healthy even though it has all the cheese on it...


This one was our snow day lunch. It's corn chowder and toast. I kind of went through the pantry and had to make due with what was one hand, so this is my version:

1 "sweet onion," chopped (we call them Vidalias in Georgia)
3 cups of corn (I used canned, it was all we had)
a few small potatoes, quartered (I left the skins on some, then peeled others)
almost a full package of real bacon pieces (didn't have actual bacon, but this worked real well)
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 c chicken broth
3 c milk (2% is what we had on hand)
1/4 c butter (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter... the real thing would have been better)

Mix all but the milk and butter and put it in the crockpot. Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours (I did high because we wanted it for lunch). Then add the milk and butter and cook for another hour.

It was really good and perfect for a snowed in day. The toast was SO GOOD for dipping!

Other meals have included Honey Chicken and Rice (delicious! Will have to make again and share next time), Pizza Bites (super simple and a nice snack), and then I had a lazy day with Hamburger Helper and cheesy mashed potatoes.

No comments: