Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Finally Finished!



It only took 4 months to finish, but the Ringwood Gloves are finally finished! They are actually a super-quick knit (I knit each glove in about 2 days), but I started, stopped, then worked on other things before knitting the second glove). I used KP Wool of the Andes Sport in Thirst Heather. They buttons are from Michaels.


I originally cast on thinking that they were for me, then decided to gift them to my mom, but now that they are done, I'm keeping them. I need gloves up here in the cold cold North and they are just so comfy and warm that I can't let them go. I will make her another pair later, maybe as a Christmas gift. Or a birthday gift. Next time, though, I will use fingering weight yarn because they are a bit bulky seeming.

I just remembered, also, that I don't think I ever told y'all about the cats. We are a cat-free household now and we couldn't be happier about that. We gave all the kittens away, then found a great home for Red, then I found the best home for Colt and Bams. It was sad seeing Colty and Bambi go, but it was also a huge relief. They shed too much, the litterbox was a burden, and Bams had started peeing on things which is totally unacceptable. Her new owner hasn't reported that problem, so we think it was just due to having so many pets and the baby (she used to be the baby, but fell a few rungs on the ladder after Arthur was born). I get updates and pics about twice a month on how they are doing and they seem really happy and spoiled, so it was the right decision. We only have 2 dogs now (Gideon went to my MIL's to be babysat for a weekend and never came home... they love him and he loves the good retired life without playful Barrett to bother him), as well as Charlie's 5 pet rats, the 2 goats (which we are having to fight to keep since the city suddenly decided they aren't allowed, when before it was no issue), and a fishtank with goldfish, snails, and crawdads.

No comments: