Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cap Sleeve Lattice Top


Since I finished the fair isle hat, I decided to cast on for a big project. I ordered some KP Shine Sport in January to make a Cap Sleeve Lattice Top and, guess what, I'm actually making it! I always buy yarn with a project in mind, but never actually cast on for it and end up using the yarn for smaller projects instead. Not this year! I bought the fair isle hat yarn specifically for that hat and I made it, so now I'm working on this summery top.

The torso is stockinette stitch and I'm using the Platinum colorway. It's a warm beigey-gray color. The top mesh part will be in Dandelion... a bright and sunny yellow. I'm loving the yellow and gray combo right now and love that the top will have a pop of color! I had a false start and some gauge issues, but I think it's going to fit. I may have to airdry this one since I lose about half a stitch in gauge in the dryer, but I didn't have small enough needles so am making gauge prewash instead. We'll see.

No comments: