Thursday, March 21, 2013

He's Here!


My brother and his wife welcomed their son, Mikah James Harper, into the world the morning of March 20, 2013! He is 7lb 6 oz and 20.5 inches long.

Brooke's water broke at midnight and she went into strong and non-stop contractions. They were so close together that Mikah never got a break and he was getting stressed and his heart rate kept dropping too low. After trying to combat the contractions with meds and failing, they decided to pull him. Momma and baby are doing great now.


He looks so much like my brother! I can't believe it. I am so happy for them (and for me... I have a new kid to cover in handknits!). Baby Arthur and I are flying to Georgia the last week of April to visit family and meet the handsome fella. Charlie sadly can't make this trip (work getting in the way and flying is expensive anyway), but I'm excited nonetheless.

No comments: