Thursday, April 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Arthur!


Arthur turned 1 today! Happy birthday, little buddy!

We took him to the mall to play in their big fun play area. I kind of thought that he would be scared, unsocial, and clingy, but nope! He absolutely loved playing with the other kids and had a blast. He totally forgot about Mommy and Daddy.


It actually maybe kind of hurt my feelings a little bit, but in a good way. It was bittersweet... I loved watching him have fun, but it made me realize that he's growing up and is getting interested in things that aren't his parents. A good thing, but still a little sad for us.


He made a few friends, including one little boy (you can't really see him in the pic, he's the one in the white sweater directly in front of Arthur) who tried to talk to him a lot. Of course, Arthur didn't respond, but the kid had fun running and jumping, then coming back to Arthur to ask, "Hey, did you see that?!"


The big kids were hanging out and talking and poor little Arthur tried his hardest to keep up with them and hang out too. He would just go stand with them and listen. Cute, but I did feel a little sorry for him since he loved being with other kids and had to come home to a house where it's just him. Maybe he needs a brother... eventually ;)

I do plan on taking him back a few times a week for playtime and socializing.

I think he had a fun birthday. His party is Saturday (at Cici's Pizza) and I am looking forward to it. His Aunt Alicia and Uncle Ryan are making his little cake to get all messy with (they are professional chefs) and we ordered the bigger cookie cake today. I'll do a party to post to show all the fun and presents!

(Oh, and he started walking yesterday!)

No comments: